Week 9

 Disciple Leadership 

    This week's readings and videos focused on being smart in choosing who you work with and how you interact with them. We should be making sure to pick wisely the people we place on our team. One of the videos stated it simply, "we try to do is we try to hire nice people... somebody that’s got a big ego or got to have things his way to make the job satisfying wrecks it for everyone around him." The classic idea of picking people who lift others up and collaborate well stuck out to me in those words. Now, once we have a team of people we should pay close attention to how we act as coworkers. Are we bringing those with us to "higher ground" as well? In other words, does our example in actions and words help the people around us want to do and be better? 

    In my field of study, one is rarely working on their own. In video production, a crew works together to accomplish the goals of pre-production, production, and post-production. It would be incredibly overwhelming for one person to do the job on their own. I have noticed on sets at work that sometimes people are unmotivated and lazy in performing their tasks. On sets like this, I notice that the director is usually disorganized and has a lack of motivation and passion for the project. Now, when the director is excited and organized, the rest of the crew follows and is productive. I just got assigned a position as director on one of our projects and I plan to involve my crew in such a way as to get them excited for the video project ahead of us. I know that through building trust with my team, there will be more productiveness in the video creation process. 

Comments