Week 10

 Week 10

    This week's study really encouraged me to take a look at myself and how I imagine myself pursuing my passions within the next couple of years. I learned about emotional intelligence and the ability to look outside myself to reach my goals. I learned about believing in myself like I believe in others and overcoming those emotional roadblocks. 

    As mentioned, emotional intelligence was a top lesson from this week. There are going to be times throughout our life where our emotions feel overpowering. However, we must learn to properly express them and validate them without "feeding" that emotion to grow into a habit over time. There are a few things I do to avoid this. I usually validate my feelings and say that it okay to feel that way, I then scan for more emotions that I am feeling (sometimes we express anger but are actually hurt and sad) and remember that there is more than one thing I am feeling. I then take time to calm down and recoup. 

    I loved a video that talked about how effective businesses and people are problem solvers. Sometimes we need other people and should be comfortable with asking others for help when needed. Two brains are better than one. Lastly I felt the importance of putting the faith that I have in people I love and admire, into myself. It is easy to get discouraged but I know that if I saw myself how I see other people, I would give myself more credit. 

Comments