Week 8

 Week 8 Study Summary

    This week was very insightful with the studies I read. Something in particular that resonated with me was the words of Elder Holland. The video and the talk were very powerful to me because he was vulnerable with the audience and that allowed us to better understand the lessons he was conveying. The first main lesson was the lesson of endurance and the second lesson ties in well with endurance, but is enduring with joy and not giving up.

    The video that we watched talked about Elder Hollands' early family life and the struggles that come along with being a young father. I'm not a mother yet, but I can definitely empathize with the idea of feeling inadequate. I oftentimes feel inadequate when it comes to school. It feels like such a big thing to take in at once, but I know as I take school step by step I will be able to accomplish everything I need and want to. This applies to becoming an entrepreneur as well, I know that there will be times where I feel inadequate. I know though that if I don't give up and have faith I will be able to accomplish everything that I am capable of. 

     To be able to endure with joy, I have learned the importance of having a vision of where you want to be. It is important however to live in the moment and not only focus on your long-term goals because you can miss important moments that you are currently living. I loved Elder Hollands' example of constantly having a vision, I mentioned in this week's discussion that that's where I feel I might fall short when opening a business. I can get so caught up in the struggle of the moment I often forget the big picture.



Comments